AutoShrine Sponsor

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Did you repair or replace some worn out parts?
Add a new accessory?
Take it out for a drive on twisty back roads?

What did YOU do with your Tiger today?

Post your update below......

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts.
RossHulse Avatar
RossHulse Ross Hulse
Hillsboro, OR, USA   USA
Took the Tiger out of the Tiger's Den and drove the loop several times as the roads were dry. Got home and tucked it back in the den.grinning smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
Shop Photo.jpg    69.6 KB
Shop Photo.jpg

TomSunIVGT Avatar
TomSunIVGT Tom McVicker/T
Bay Village, OH, USA   USA
Prepped the garage to replace the slave cylinder tomorrow morning. They seem to last me ten years. This time I'm using Castrol DOT 4. I still have the top off for the summer. It's the GT with no soft top.

TigerDan Avatar
TigerDan Silver Member Dan Richardson
Greenwood, SC, USA   USA
1967 Sunbeam Alpine "Blue Boy"
1967 Sunbeam Alpine "Commodore Blue"
Tigers, tigers everywheresmiling smiley If you missed it, shame on you!

I had a special invite by Bill Bulpitt, the Coordinator of the event, to bring my Blue Boy V6 to attend the Tiger Group that was at Hilton Head Island November 2nd thru the 4th.

It was a real honor, which I also count a privilege to be amongst all-them-thar-tigers and the owners!

My Sunbeam Alpine, powered by a FORD (Cologne) 2.8 V6 performs quite well, was the only non-tiger present. It drew a lot of attention, probably due to the fact it was the only non-tiger present.

If you have a Sunbeam, please enjoy it to the fullest! Should it not be running, work a few hours each day and Keep'em-on-the-Road!

If you attended the HIlton Concours event post any PICs of the Tigers you may have.....

Keep'em-on-the-Road

'67 SV Commodore Blue V6
Restored & Modified w/2.8 V6 FORD, T5, A/C & Electric Power Steering
Tiger2Dan’s Link: ​ ​http://danr.mhartman.net/
PDF file on Converting your Alpine:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13vKZ9JhB0vO8p2PrMl1x1qfCxh17xJIg_KCIo7HeFok/edit
?ts=5a51997d

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
End of the Line - Eric G's Tiger - Partial view of the Tiger Group at Hilton Concours November 2018 20181103_153752.jpg    57.1 KB
End of the Line - Eric G's Tiger - Partial view of the Tiger Group at Hilton Concours November 2018     20181103_153752.jpg

Partial view of the Tiger Group at Hilton Concours November 2018 20181103_153837.jpg    55.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Partial view of the Tiger Group at Hilton Concours November 2018 20181103_153856.jpg    58.2 KB
Approach cautiously... it may be a tiger! DanR's Blue Boy V6 20181103_154002.jpg    61.3 KB
A non-tiger amongst the TIGERs at Hilton Concours November 2018 DanR's Blue Boy V6 20181103_154012.jpg    54.1 KB
RossHulse Avatar
RossHulse Ross Hulse
Hillsboro, OR, USA   USA
Kristine and I most recent activity with the Tiger was participating in the "Festival of Cars" held in Bend, Oregon. Cars came from as far away as Tennessee. Most of the cars were exotics. A Mclaren 720S won the "Popular Vote". Our car came in second believe it or not. However, we did win the "Spirit of Motoring" Award. Here are some pictures.

Attachments:
Award 2018.JPG    55.3 KB
Award 2018.JPG

Our Tiger in Bend.jpg    71.5 KB
Mclearn 720S Most Popular Vote.jpg    71.2 KB
Other Cars.jpg    76.6 KB
TigerDan Avatar
Greenwood, SC, USA   USA
That is a beautiful Blue Tiger with the black hard top!

I had to do a double take when I first saw it!

You did real good there Rosssmiling smiley

Keep'em-on-the-Road

'67 SV Commodore Blue V6
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13vKZ9JhB0vO8p2PrMl1x1qfCxh17xJIg_KCIo7HeFok/edit
?ts=5a51997d

TigerDan Avatar
Greenwood, SC, USA   USA
Ross & Kristine, I just went back and took another look at your picture, could it be you that made a U tube video of letting the soft top down on a Sunbeam? If not you I seem to recall a gent that you remind me of....

Keep'em-on-the-Road

'67 SV Commodore Blue V6
?ts=5a51997d

Boss 302 Tiger Larry Paul
San Pedro, CA, USA   USA
Just an update to say both myself and my 1965 Sunbeam Tiger with a turbocharged Boss 302 are alive and well. The car has been properly stored and cared for and still sports the original wide letter CA license plate "Tiger" both on the front and rear.

I moved it between storage locations a bit more than a year ago and after I installed a new battery and turned it over until I hit full oil pressure, then connected the ignition and put gas in the drained tank as well as a few drops in the carburetor, the car fired up like it had been run the day before.

Just a note to everyone to say hello and like a time capsule, it is unchanged from how I assembled it in the mid 1980s. (I tweaked the motor a bit and increased compression to 9:1 and decreased maximum boost to around 16 lbs from when the articles were published (shown on an earlier thread in the Sunbeam club archives).

Best regards,

Larry Paul.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-12-21 12:28 AM by Boss 302 Tiger.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1964 Sunbeam Alpine

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links