Wrong windsheld frame ???

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Wrong windsheld frame ???
  This topic is about my 1963 Sunbeam Alpine
cuppy65 Danny Cupp
Cogan Station, PA, USA   USA
I've got a huge problem. I bought this 1963 alpine II that was a basket case and it came with two windshield frames . They are both identical and when either frames are put on the car the holes all line up but the two studs on either end do not protrude far enough through the dash ends to attach the nuts? When I tighten the remaining three fasteners down the frame looks good and the top attaches nicely. But when I close either door the chrome window guide hits on the end of the windshield? The only way to close the door is to remove the chrome door window guides? And , as mentioned, I can't attach the end window frame nuts? Now I've bought a parts car ,1967, and I took the window frame off and have the same result. Do I simply have three incorrect window frames? The end studs would have to be at least 1/2 inch longer , but I don't know how to fix the door issue. If the top of the dash is bent , perhaps a roll over, I could jack it back where it needs to be but that solves only one problem . Does any one have a early II frame that is out and could measure the end stud length ?
That's in advance
When I say basket case I'm not talking about rust as it is not rotted out anywhere . But it came with boxes,baskets, of stuff that was taken off and Lots of duplicate stuff

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
volvoguys Mark Davis
Harrisburg, PA, USA   USA
PM sent.

cuppy65 Danny Cupp
Cogan Station, PA, USA   USA
Two of the frames are made of pot metal and the one from the 67 car is steel .

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TigerDan Avatar
TigerDan Silver Member Dan Richardson
Greenwood, SC, USA   USA
1967 Sunbeam Alpine "Blue Boy"
1967 Sunbeam Alpine "Commodore Blue"
Got any pictures? May be of help....

Keep'em-on-the-Road

'67 SV Commodore Blue V6
Restored & Modified w/2.8 V6 FORD, T5, A/C & Electric Power Steering
Tiger2Dan’s Link: ​ ​http://danr.mhartman.net/
PDF file on Converting your Alpine:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13vKZ9JhB0vO8p2PrMl1x1qfCxh17xJIg_KCIo7HeFok/edit
?ts=5a51997d

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1967 Sunbeam Tiger

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links