SunbeamExp

Registry: 1955 MG TF 1500



Lonnie Cook's 1955 MG TF 1500
  to vote for this car or add your vehicles
. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

  • Previous owner's wife, c.1965 (I love this photo!!)

  • The TF made Jo Ann smile six months before we bought it.

  • On the road to the polo matches: '54 Bentley, '60 MGA, '54 TF, '55 TF-1500

Loved the car the first time that I saw it. Bought it six months later. Probably has always been in Florida. Previous owner = 43 years. Another owner in mid-1960's lives only a couple of miles from me and has become a good friend.

Vehicle Information

Owner: Lonnie Cook   [Lonnie Cook]
Location: Orlando, Florida, USA USA
Status: Running


VIN:TF7211
Model Year:1955
Build Date:1954-09-23
Original Colour:MG Red (paint code "C")
Current Colour:MG Red
Odometer:33,200 miles
Body Code:MG Red
Engine Type:1466 cc 4-cyl
Engine Code:XPEG / 977
Transmission:4-speed
Last Updated:2016-02-25 08:06:13

 

Leave a Comment


Member Comments on Registry: 1955 MG TF 1500   ↵
2016-03-12 10:21:30 # 32799
Comment by Dennis Rainey
Lonnie, First of all, let me say that I think your TF is stunning. I had one myself but sold it when my fleet was getting too big. Been sorry ever since but the new owner has become a friend and sends me pics of car show winnings. Anyway, I have a question for ya, I thought that all TF-1500s came out of Abington with wire wheels. Did you or the PO convert or am I wrong? Again, a beautiful car.Dennis
2016-03-12 11:45:54 # 32800
Comment by Lonnie Cook
Thanks for the compliment, Dennis.I believe that about 60% of TFs were produced with wire wheels. The remaining 40% had disk wheels like mine. So, I guess that I could say that my TF has the "rare" disk wheel option!! The car has always had disk wheels.Wire-wheel TFs have a wider track than disk-wheel cars.WIRE = 48-3/16" front; 50-13/16" rearDISK = 47-3/8" front; 50" rearLonnieTF7211

Want to leave a comment or ask the owner a question?
Sign in or register a new account — it's free



. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Vehicle History

This vehicle's information was last updated on 2016-02-25 08:06:13

Changes from 2016-02-24 09:10:33 to previous 2013-12-16 16:53:56
Mileage added   33,200
Body Code added   MG Red
Engine Type added   1466 cc 4-cyl
Engine Code added   XPEG / 977
Trans Type added   4-speed

Ownership History

Date Owner ID Notes
Dec 16, 2013 Lonnie Cook  USA Added to Registry (ID 23070)

If this vehicle has been sold and you are the new owner, sign up to become a member (or if you're already a member, make sure you are signed in) and ask the current owner to click the "Transfer Vehicle" button from this car's page. If you have any difficulty with the process, please contact the webmaster.




Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1963 Sunbeam Alpine

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links