AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Freeze plug
  This topic is about my 1965 Sunbeam Tiger
Fogarty 31 thomas dunn
Warsaw, indiana, USA   USA
1965 Sunbeam Tiger "None"
Has anyone ever changed the rear freeze plug w/o pulling the engine? I have a 1965 Tiger.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
carsareapain Avatar
carsareapain David Grant
Baltimore, Maryland, USA   USA
No, but I just pulled my motor to do so. About three hours and the hanging motor had me smiling as I traced the rusty water trail behind the flywheel. Changed about 6 of 'em while it was out and 2 others were paper thin. (also washed, pecked at the sludge around the cylinders , so I'm sure it's running cooler/more evenly now. (I chose to leave the transmission in the car, was not bad to re-engage, even jury-rigged a clutch alignment tool with one from a different car, just rolled "precision" amount of tape around each diameter) (I can add pictures someday to share the plugs as a "motivator", but right now they are in my phone)

Fogarty 31 thomas dunn
Warsaw, indiana, USA   USA
1965 Sunbeam Tiger "None"
Thanks much for the info.....!!!! I think I will take a crack at it.....as soon as it gets a little warmer.
Really appreciate the input. I had gotten the same reply from Norman Miller, the man who wrote a book on the Tiger.
Again...thanks and have a great Christmas!!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1965 Sunbeam Tiger

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links