AutoShrine Sponsor

MGB777 Avatar
MGB777 Tim Smith
Oregon, Illinois, USA   USA
1952 MG TD "The "Abbey"
1960 Triumph TR3A "Patch's"
1975 MG Midget 1500 "Little Bro"
1977 MG MGB "Big Brother"    & more
I've been told there is a 1960 something Alpine near by and I'll be trying to hunt down the owner. If the motor isn't stuck and the wheels turn what else should eye look for besides a rusty frame and body panels.....??confused smiley

What gauges came with the car? Did they have OD tranny's ? Body & Interior factory colors?
Appreciate any help if & when I track this guy down...

Thx,

Tim

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TomSunIVGT Avatar
TomSunIVGT Tom McVicker/T
Bay Village, Ohio, USA   USA
I agree with you about the frame being the critical part of a classic car. My 1964 Series IV GT frame is beyond restoration repair but good for driving ..... giving RR tracks a lot of respect. Victoria Spares, Kansas, MO., as you probably are familiar with will give you lots of insight. My year did not have a formal amp meter opting for an idiot light. That was an easy fix using an existing dashboard cutout. Also, mine did not have a clock. Yes, OD was an option.

MGB777 Avatar
MGB777 Tim Smith
Oregon, Illinois, USA   USA
1952 MG TD "The "Abbey"
1960 Triumph TR3A "Patch's"
1975 MG Midget 1500 "Little Bro"
1977 MG MGB "Big Brother"    & more
Ok,,,,,,,,, my first Alpine barn find didn't pan out but then today I drove by one sitting in a guys front yard. I turned my midget around to have a look. Dan,, the owner is asking $1500.00 OBO with a clear title that's been in the family for many years. Car isn't a rust bucket on the outside but I couldn't get a look at the underside. Floors are Ok as is the trunk. Sills seem Ok to. Looks worse than it might be with all the walnut shells & leaves everywhere. Car is located in Pecatonica, Illinois. Owner can verify that when you call him.

I have no financial interest in the car.....but if I had garage space I wouldn't be telling you all..the finger smiley

I have a couple more pictures if needed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-10-10 12:16 AM by MGB777.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_20161008_140035434e.jpg    54.4 KB
IMG_20161008_140035434e.jpg

IMG_20161008_135437714_HDRe.jpg    65.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_20161008_135844584_HDRe.jpg    55.9 KB
IMG_20161008_135825295_HDRe.jpg    39.7 KB

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1963 Sunbeam Alpine

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links