Looking for Clutch Master Cylinder for 1965 Alpine

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Ingraham72B Avatar
Ingraham72B Silver Member Ingraham Vancel
West Lafayette, IN, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB "Susie"
Greetings all - I am a member over on the MGB site, and have been helping a friend of mine work on his 1965 Sunbeam Alpine. He doesn't have internet access at home, so isn't able to post on your site, so I thought I would give it a go. His clutch master is leaking too bad to use, as it has some bad pitting on the cylinder. We can't seem to find a source for a replacement, and haven't been able to find a local shop willing to re-sleeve it. Does anyone know where we might be able to purchase a new or good used one? If not, how about a shop in the states that can re-sleeve his original one?

Thanks

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
britbits Avatar
britbits Tony B
rancho santa margarita, california, USA   USA
1960 MG MGA
There arent any state side. You can get them new from Alpines West Midlands in the UK. Very reasonable. Forget trying to get a used unit or rebuilding a bad one.

Prisoner6 Tom Shannon
Rochester, NH, USA   USA
1960 Sunbeam Alpine Fastback "Madeline"
1967 Rover P6
1969 MG MGC
1970 Jaguar X-Type "Rowena"    & more
Try White post restorations, in White post VA. They can re sleeve it for you.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Prisoner6 Tom Shannon
Rochester, NH, USA   USA
1960 Sunbeam Alpine Fastback "Madeline"
1967 Rover P6
1969 MG MGC
1970 Jaguar X-Type "Rowena"    & more
Another thought would be apple hydraulics.

NoBigTing Arthur Roberts
Stockbridge, Georgia, USA   USA
180024sunbeam. Sunbeam Classic Parts in NY.

In reply to # 68466 by Ingraham72B Greetings all - I am a member over on the MGB site, and have been helping a friend of mine work on his 1965 Sunbeam Alpine. He doesn't have internet access at home, so isn't able to post on your site, so I thought I would give it a go. His clutch master is leaking too bad to use, as it has some bad pitting on the cylinder. We can't seem to find a source for a replacement, and haven't been able to find a local shop willing to re-sleeve it. Does anyone know where we might be able to purchase a new or good used one? If not, how about a shop in the states that can re-sleeve his original one?

Thanks

Ingraham72B Avatar
Ingraham72B Silver Member Ingraham Vancel
West Lafayette, IN, USA   USA
1972 MG MGB "Susie"
We ended up using a clutch master cylinder from a 1972 MGB. Had to get an adapter to get it to hook up properly, but seems to be working fine. Good to know someone actually has them available now.

NoBigTing Arthur Roberts
Stockbridge, Georgia, USA   USA
Glad to help.

In reply to # 68600 by Ingraham72B We ended up using a clutch master cylinder from a 1972 MGB. Had to get an adapter to get it to hook up properly, but seems to be working fine. Good to know someone actually has them available now.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1965 Sunbeam Alpine

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links