Alpine Club Forum

Series 3 mirrors

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

bdh911 Avatar
bdh911 Brad Hall
Skaneateles, NY, USA   USA
I've been scouring all the pics I can find for some reliable reference on correct mirrors and mirror location for my 1963 Series 3. Doors have an array of holes from the PO changing type and location of mirrors. At this point I'm not seeing anything "standard" on cars but looking for pics or any help. Thanks!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ahaugland Avatar
ahaugland Silver Member Alex Haugland
Eugene, Oregon, USA   USA
If you mean external wing or door mirrors, there really isn't a standard location or model. They were a dealer or aftermarket installed option and could be anything that either the original owner specified or the dealer had on hand. Common original options are the various Lucas mirrors, many of which are still reproduced, the Talbot Bullet mirrors (Talbot, in this case is a German company and has nothing to do with the Sunbeam Talbot), and various early American style mirrors. I have a Talbot mirror on my Sunbeam Tiger, but finding a period correct style gets pretty expensive as they were popular on Porsches and other high end sports cars. Tex in the UK also made mirrors that were OEM on British cars when such things became standard in the late 1960's/70s. They're still in business and produce a range of classic styles. Here's their website:

http://texautomotive.com/classic_exterior_mirrors.html

--Alex Haugland
Eugene, Oregon
USA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1964 Sunbeam Tiger

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links