Alpine Club Forum

Local VFW Car Show

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ceecpa Avatar
ceecpa Silver Member Charles Edwards
Richmond, Virginia, USA   USA
Our VFW post will host a car show at the McGuire Veterans Administration Hospital in Richmond, VA on Saturday May 18, 2013. There will be many different cars and motorcycles there because the veterans enjoy seeing evidence of normality in life even though they haven't yet found it.

Our Alpine will be there representing NATO, I suppose. I've been getting it spiffed up and added a proper vacuum advance tube between the distributor and the carburetor. That should eliminate an annoying hesitation upon throttle application.

Weather is iffy and if there's rain the veterans, some of whom are on gurneys, won't want to tour the cars.

My wife will be driving the Sunbeam over and because it's not totally dry inside in a driving rain I'm going to "cover" her in another car. I would prefer to be in my Forester but she says "cover" in my MGBGT. I worry about someone in a very large vehicle hitting her from behind if she's not traveling at his/her desired rate of speed. I'm not sure that an MGBGT is adequate cover.

Thinking. Still thinking.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1966 Sunbeam Alpine

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links