SunbeamExp

Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

Historical Info for Allentown, PA Sunbeam [CO, USA]

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

993 David Hollenbach
Monument, CO, USA   USA
Hello and thanks for approving my membership. Your webmaster suggested I join the site and add a post to see if anyone could help with this somewhat odd subject.

I am trying to do some research on my family history and there's a Sunbeam automobile somewhere in it. I'm the oldest living in my line, so there's no other history or documentation to research.

Turns out my great grandfather (Charles Hollenbach) helped to start the Lehigh Valley Motor Club in eastern PA, so he was likely a car buff. I learned this by researching his obituary (1960). In 1999 after my grandmother passed away, I was told there was a Sunbeam convertible in the garage next to a 1930s era Jaguar sedan and an old black MG that was reportedly my dad's. Unfortunately, the garage roof had caved in long ago and the cars were left to rot and rust for 40+ years and were barely recognizeable. At that time, I had no interest in cars (that has since changed!) and I assume the cars were carted away as scrap when their home was sold. And since my grandparents had little interest in cars, I am assuming they inherited those cars from my great grandfather when he passed, but this is just a hunch. I have asked the PA Dept of Motor Vehicles to see if they could assist in finding past Sunbeam registrations to Charles Hollenbach and/or Aral Hollenbach, but they were generally unhelpful, stating they only keep registration records 10 years back (I find this hard to believe).

So this leads to me to you good folks. Would anyone have an idea about how I might try to recover some of this lost Sunbeam history? A registration database somewhere or another resource in the government? Thanks for your assistance!

David Hollenbach
(Avid Porsche owner)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Cars

1967 Sunbeam Alpine

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links